Celgene is pleased to launch the 2019 “ImpactPANC” competition designed to recognize and honor patient organizations that demonstrate excellence in crafting novel solutions that innovatively meet the needs of people living with pancreatic cancer and those who care for them.
2019 Theme: Supporting the Patient/Doctor Discussion
Pancreatic cancer patient advocacy organizations have helped support patients in many ways. One of the most critical areas to increase support to patients is to help foster a dialogue between the patient and the physician. Greater efforts can help to ensure that patients have the information and resources to help themselves in understanding and planning for their journey. Some high level areas to consider are:
- Understanding what a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer means and helping patients to process the large amounts of information that accompanies the diagnosis
- Identifying and understanding what treatment options are available
- Defining goals of treatment
- Discussing the monitoring and management of pancreatic cancer symptoms as well as treatment side effects
- Sharing both patient and family emotional concerns with the physician
- Your idea here!
This year’s theme is purposefully broad to encourage innovative solutions to supporting the patient/doctor discussion in pancreatic cancer It is Celgene’s hope that this competition will serve as an opportunity to both address the needs of caregivers and facilitate best practice-sharing among organizations and associations from around the world.
Five prizes of $20,000 USD each (or equivalent in local currency) will be awarded to up to five organizations.
This website allows you to learn more about the program, criteria used to evaluate submissions, and our judging panel. We invite you to come back and visit often and we look forward to receiving your application.